Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rhythm

I had a revelation today. I'm sick, so I'm sitting at home bored. I decided to try and finish a song that I'm writing (still no title) and thought of a song I wrote last year around this time. Then I tried to record it in February, and celebrated single's awareness day. I wrote some of my book in March. Wanted a relationship in April, was indifferent about May, had the camping/music bug in June and July, wanted to ask a girl out in August and September. Wrote more book in October and November, and got excited, then bored, sketched, did art projects, and had an idea for more songs in December. It's been this way since at least my Junior year of high-school. I've fallen into a pattern, and I need to break out. I like my artsy moods and all, but they're holding me back from making much headway in any one thing. Thing is, I have no clue how to go about breaking the funk.

2 comments:

  1. *rhythm.

    Wow that last sentence reminded me of that one Glee episode...horrible episode. ANYWAYS. Stop being so scatter-brained. Find something that you want to do, and do it. It'll probably take some more scatter-brained attempts at everything, but one day it'll hit you and that's all you'll want to do. You'll realize that even though it's work, you enjoy it.

    In the meantime, enjoy: http://8tracks.com/lytebryte25/songs-to-lie-on-your-bed-and-stare-at-the-ceiling-to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do it all though. I love graphics and composing and playing and writing and all that artsy stuff. If someone asked me to stop doing any artsy thing I'd probably punch them in the face and say they're crazy, because the arts are in my soul, a major portion of who I am. I feel like I've lost a part of myself if I don't play an instrument at least once a week. I just need focus, but then my work feels artificial. I know no-one else can tell I I'm feeling my music or writing, but I know. Setting a routine to arts is hard (and btw, you really should come pick up your Xmas gift).

    ReplyDelete