Monday, July 13, 2009

I've got news for you

Ok. I've been searching for a song to describe exactly what I want to say to girls out there, and I think I've found it. So here goes, song by Andrew Peterson:

"So you think I’m something special, like I know a thing or two; like my eyes don’t ever wander, like my aim is always true. So you think I’m not a dirty rotten scoundrel through and through? Lady, I’ve got news for you.

So you think that you’re the only one to cry yourself to sleep? That you’re the only one who’s scared they all forget you when you leave? So you think that you’re the only one whose heart is black and blue? Listen, I’ve got news for you, for you. I might as well just tell you that it’s true, it’s true: listen, I’ve got news for you.

So you think you don’t need anyone to love you? So you think you don’t need anyone to love?
But you do.
So you say there is no hope. Maybe God is dead and gone. So you think that he can’t break a heart that’s harder than a stone. So you feel so wrecked and dirty he could never make you new. Man, have I got news for you, for you. I’m so compelled to tell you that it’s true, so true: listen, I’ve got news for you. I tell you I’ve got news for you.
I’ve got good news for you."

I think people need to realize that this is me. I'm imperfect. So when I stumble, don't be surprised, and don't resent me for it, and don't think I'm a hipocrite (I don't think anyone does think any of these things about me, but might as well be safe). I'm human. I'm not perfect.

Now, onto the book. I've read through the first two chapters, and although I already knew all of what was in there, I did rethink what was stated in those chapters. I'll elaborate on that in a later post though, when I have more time and have read more chapters. But suffice it to say that they do a lot to outline the current relational status of our nation, which is an attempt to have intimacy without commitment, which is why these relationship things in America fail for most people. According to the book, it rings hollow. And although I've never gone through these kinds of relationships, I know many people that have and it got me to thinking, this is so true. People just want the good feelings of a relationship, not bothering with trying to make the other person happy in a Godly manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment