Friday, June 10, 2011

K

So, I was sitting down having a chat with a friend of mine, who I'll refer to simply as K. Now, K is one of my go-to's for almost everything, except one: relationship advice. We NEVER talk about it, beyond agreeing (or not) about a girl's attractiveness. Why? Well, to put it simply, K has never dated. This is something I kind of took as a fact of life, which is amusing and sad at the same time. Gravity pulls objects toward the earth, friction and resistance are in play everywhere, minecraft sucks up too much time, and K never dates. Imagine the internal riot of laughter (sorry K) when I discover why. K suffers from the irrational belief (and K knows that this is irrational) that if K goes to talk to any girl, that girl will immediately assume that K is attracted to them. And, so, unless they engage K or K has a really good reason to talk to them, a conversation will never start. In one sense, that works great. K is the ultimate player of hard-to-get. However, that's about the only (questionably) good thing it does. I felt like screaming "Just go talk to a girl! Do it!" But instead I simply stated those lines, and we both knew that that probably wasn't gonna happen. It works out in my favor though sometimes, albeit making me feel bad once in a while. K and I will occasionally be interested in the same person, and it's nice to have roughly no competition on that front. Sad for K, but good for me.

1 comment:

  1. "Gravity pulls objects toward the earth, friction and resistance are in play everywhere, minecraft sucks up too much time, and K never dates." love that.
    lmfao. Also love the ending. =] I lawled.

    ReplyDelete