Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 5

I am fundamentally opposed to country music. I hate the stuff. However, sometimes the lyrics are just perfect for describing how I'm feeling. I was at a country concert today (when I went I was unaware of the style), mostly listening because I wanted to give it a fair chance and partially because my friend thought it was good music, when the band started a song about lost love. And you know what? Every single word hit the nail on the head. I was probably more attentive to that song than I was to every awesome guitar solo I've heard all week, and I've heard some amazing solos. Hanging on every word, I thought to myself that they must have an answer for this. And you know what? After the whole sad part of the song, it ended. That's it. Really? We as mankind have had this love lost problem since the dawn of time, and the best we can do is say "yeah, it sucks"? BS! There must be a solution that isn't harmful to the self (because hitting the sauce is probably a "solution"). Whatever.

Anyways, something almost-hilarious happened tonight (or today, it is 2:20 AM). I'm camping with someone who leaves food out for no reason, probably because they're forgetful. Anyways, a raccoon comes up out of the woods and starts sniffing around their tent. All the while, my friend and I are quietly LOLing because we figure this raccoon is going to rip into their tent to get some food. It didn't happen, but we got a good laugh anyways.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT! Country music is like the epitome of summer!
    I would've been so freaked out/excited to see a raccoon. They're so cute, but scary at the same time.

    ReplyDelete