Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Writing!

Hey guys! I wrote some more of my book today, and did some more work on my theme. Tomorrow I plan on forcing myself to write more, and to write some music too. Maybe even practice my violin. I'm still having trouble deciding what tense and person I want my book to be in, but I think I've settled on first person present, because I want you to go on a journey with him, not go on those that he's already gone on. It leaves me open to shift to other characters and, if I so decide, even kill him off and switch characters, because there is no guarantee that he'll live (which there is when first person past tense). That makes things fun, and I hope it keeps people engaged and wanting to read more.

4 comments:

  1. I love how in depth you're thinking about tenses. It makes English nerds, like myself, very happy =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd think this much about them, or writing at all. There are no tears and no sweat in this book yet, but there is blood. I cut my finger after hitting my computer desk while typing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that's unfortunate! But you have another award. Because I love you =]

    ReplyDelete